Wonderwall – 300 Years of Wallpaper
Temple Newsam House is Leeds is hosting an exhibition of wallpaper from the C17th to the C20th. It runs through to May 2010.
All the wallpapers come from the collection of the antique dealer Roger Warner, whose grandfather Metford Warner owned the wallpaper manufacturing company Jeffrey and Co.
• Hand-tooled leather hangings and early printed papers used for lining boxes from the 1600s
• Paper designed by Lewis F. Day / Walter Crane
• A newly commissioned piece by Catherine Bertola
For some quick ideas on more contemporary designs try FreshDesignblog:
• Top 10 contemporary floral wallpapers
• Top 10 designer wallpapers
• Jon Burgerman doodle wallpaper, which just looks great fun!